Does anyone rate the 1.9TDi A4?

I've heard the latest 1.9TDi model of the A4 is a bit of a disappointment although the A3 is nippy enough.

The only 1.9Tdi i ever had was a SEAT IBIZA and it was a flyer.

Is the Audi really that bad - I really like the look of the car but would be put off buying one because of the above.

James snipped-for-privacy@maguiresgarage.co.uk

Maguires Garage

The main problem with the A4 variant is probably the extra weight?

I much preferred the A4 1.9TDI to the A4 2.5TDI when I drove them both a few months back - but the latter only had 1200 miles on the clock, so maybe not a fair comparison.

-- Doug Ramage

Reply to
Doug Ramage

I took delivery of my A4 1.9TDI Sport at the start of March. Before I choose the A4 I test drove a BMW 320d, A3 2.0TDI, Alfa 156 2.0JTD and Jaguar 2.0D. I find the A4 compares well against all the above. I really enjoy driving the car.

I would suggest you test drive it and see for yourself.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris