how much damage this would make?

Hi: Today, Friend of mine try to drive my MT a4 1.8T Q. He was going to shift gear from 3 to 4. but he shift it in to 2!!! It was like

50km/hour. the car had a big shake and tires made some snoize. I am wondering how much damage wound coz by this? Or just some wear out? Thanks!

ming

Reply to
brocku

Shifting into 4th at 50km/h ???? That is likely to cause more wear... I don't think it has made any damage to your car... Are you sure you weren't closer to 50mph ??

Reply to
Alex

If it still runs, then none! If not then figure some bent valves due to over revving...

Reply to
Woodchuck

*31 mph* in second gear is hardly going to overrev the engine. I bet you can hit 50mph in second gear without redlining (I know I can hit over 60mph in 2nd and still not reach redline on my S4).

Other than perhaps slightly flat-spotted tires ;-) there shouldn't have been any repercussions...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper