LCB gonna make a new friend?

Gary is on his way over here today... in his baja... The batteries for the digital camera are charging right now and I just got finished fixing the LCB (swapped another wheel/tire onto it after losing the front-left tire last weekend). I think maybe I'll throw a small cooler in the back seat of the LCB with a couple of beers in it maybe as a surprise for the end of the trail? :-) *If* his baja can make it to the end of the trail! *cue ominous music* Stay tuned, true believers! :-P

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

Y'all are making it easy for me to sell the baja and buy a Jeep. Nobody wants to see the pictures of the carnage? We only had to work on Gary's baja about 3 hours after we got back to make it roadworthy... I refuse to beg. :-)

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 09:37:28 -0400, travis left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

I've been waiting all day to see the pics. And I'm not gonna beg either... :-P

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)
roadworthy... I refuse to beg. :-)>
Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 22:00:34 -0400, travis scribbled this interesting note:

Now I might ask real nice for a sample of some of your down home cookin'. Ain't no way, no how I'm gonna' beg to see your pictures...but I bet they sure are fun!:~)

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

Well lets see those pics!

the other Gary.

Reply to
Ace

Hmmm, Trav we did as told and stayed tuned... YOU never followed through :o) Post the pictures already... sheesh

Reply to
Gazza

A good possibility is the Shaggie ended up putting a large cooler in the car instead of the small one. With the combination of that and some fun doing some Jim Beam shots, they probably forgot about the pictures. :o) Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

So, where are the pic's???

J.

Reply to
BergRace

On 17 Aug 2003 05:44:45 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comSPAMOUT (Bill Berckman) left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

No, actually here's what happened. About an hour before Gary got here, we had a BAD lightning storm and it knocked out power on my whole block of the neighborhood. It was pouring rain for a while. Gary pulled up while it was still raining pretty badly. I'd gotten the Honda out of the garage so that he could pull right in and work on replacing his master cylinder before hitting the trails...

The rain was tapering off at this point. Gary told me how the rearcircuit of his master cylinder was blown but the front circuit wasworking, and that he could pull on the parking brake handle toactivate the rear brakes. After a brief meeting of the minds wedecided we wanted to GO on the trails and not STOP on the trailsanyway, so we took off. Minutes later we arrived and the trails wereEXTRA muddy today. It was still sprinkling just a little when we gotthere. Here's Gary stuggling to make it up a hill the LCB had justsprinted up:
I'm kiddin', we both struggled some with that hill and Gary'sbaja kept up just fine with mine. Here's a good shot of him hitting apuddle pretty hard:
didn't take as many pictures as I'd have liked to because the powerhad gone out in my house and my batteries hadn't had time to fullycharge. As a matter-of-fact the power was still out when we made itback home later. Here's Gary leading the way out of the trails:
there were some BIG puddles near the edge of the trails that wedrove around as we entered the trails. Not that we were SCARED :-)but we just didn't want to start the trip by getting stuck. Since wewere heading out and close to the road we both decided to hit the bigpuddles. We're not sure exactly how deep they were, but we agree nowthey were about 2 feet deep with some slimy stuff on the bottom. Garycharged through them first:
I followed after handing the camera off to Gary, but he messed uptrying to take the picture. He told me that was ok because there wasalready one or two pictures of the LCB posted on my website. So thatwas the end of the trip. We got home and started working on themaster cylinder. Got about halfway through it before the power cameback on, had to run to the parts store for a hard line, then came backand finished the master cylinder (Gary did practically all of the workso I got to watch someone else work on a VW for a change instead ofdoing it all myself). Fired up the charcoal grill using the propanetorch and cooked up about 20 pounds of chicken and bratwurst that hadboiled in beer for a while. Drank plenty of assorted fluids andwatched a decently funny movie "Head Of State." Gary crashed on thecouch and now it's the next day and about time to go outside and weldGary's side bars onto his car. Maybe next time we'll hit some toughertrails and be able to get more pictures.The End.

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

..................Fluorescent camo?

Reply to
Tim Rogers

................Hah!

........He going to have a 'holstein baja'?

...................I did see a zebra style black & white scheme on a baja in the magazines a few years ago. It was a bit too much for the eyeballs. Camo is more sensible.

LOL!

Reply to
Tim Rogers
20 pounds!!!!???? Of food?? Laying it on a bit thick there my unknown friend??? :0) Holly f*ck!

Hope you froze some of that , perhaps enough to invite a couple of Scandies over? ;-}

J.

Reply to
BergRace

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 01:59:22 +0200, "BergRace" left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

Ha! You should have seen how much of it Gary ate. :-)

Again I have to remind you that Gary was visiting and I'm a GOOD cook. ;-)

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

.....your kids too, huh?.....both kids want a baja so bad....well....bad enough to want ME to buy one but not bad enough to spend their OWN money on one:).....

.....now if there was only a RAMVA cookbook.....

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

heh, seeing the LCB stories here on occassion has turned me on to the idea as well. Having a baja sounds fun, and not nearly as offensive a treatment of an ACVW as I used to think. ;)

But only after I have a fully restored, totally stock 64 sitting in my garage.

Reply to
Seth Graham

On 18 Aug 2003 18:16:05 GMT, Seth Graham left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

*places pinkie finger to corner of mouth, Dr Evil style*

heh heh... heh heh... ha ha! Muahahahaha! WUAHAHAHAHA!!!! uh... ha ha! heh heh... heh..... *cough* *clears throat* :-)

*taps foot patiently waiting for John Henry, Tim Rogers, John Stafford, Speedy Jim, etc... to reveal their baja building announcements*....

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

I thought that delay in getting the pictures might have been because you and Gareth had spotted some female nudists camping across a shallow lake and had to drive across to see if they wanted to take a ride. Once across the lake, they invited you to stay for dinner, but made you take the battaries out of the digital camera so you would not take any pictures of them for your friends. LOL.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

On 18 Aug 2003 18:54:59 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comSPAMOUT (Bill Berckman) left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

You've been reading too many LCB tales and are letting your imagination run wild with you. :-D

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

I just updated the second page. There's a shot of the rear with the baja exhaust and a swap-meet engine cage.

Reply to
Max

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 20:31:10 GMT, Max left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

Cool! A '63! I see you still have the heater boxes on it for the winter driving. Does that exhaust system hang down a little low for a baja? I can't tell what kinda ground clearance you're getting with it from the pictures. Looks like it might interfere with a "regular" baja bumper.