Hud display fading and CD error

Hello.

I have a 2000 A6 2.7T and am experiencing two annoying problems.

The HUD display fading out in the warmer weather. Is this a common problem.?

My in dash CD changer is reading Err 01 when I put in a disk.

Any help is appreciated.

Josh

What do you mean by 'HUD'? My DIS display (between the two dials on a TT) fades out towards the sides in particularly warm weather.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

"Josh" schreef in bericht news:IFbXc.563$W snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...

Hi, i have the same problem on my 2000 A4 1.9 TDI

I have a concert system, i think that the errors are from using copied discs. (i only have a 6 disc cd changer in the trunk)

the HUD display fading from the left side with warm weather, i don't know the cause of that. I already asked my dealer and he told me to replace the whole display, unfortanately this is very expensive.

kind regards

Reply to
kenny

Same fading on my trip computer display. Let me know if you guys find out a cheaper solution than to replace the whole dashboard.

This is a problem that should be covered by Audi as it's very frequent and can only be attributed to bad quality manufacturing components and or materials.

JP Roberts

"kenny" escribió en el mensaje news:wEiXc.452$ snipped-for-privacy@hestia.telenet-ops.be...

Reply to
JP Roberts

This is a common error in home made CDs. What I do is burn them at a very low speed such as 4X or 8X and they will work fine. Above that burn speed I start getting error messages.

Reply to
JPB357

Disk errors also happen regardless of CD quality. A typical situation is when you hit a bumpy road, then the lens goes mad. Sometimes, when I still had the old, presumably "Bose", but-in-fact Panasonic CD player, getting off the car and ejecting and reinserting the CD box would solve the problem. Alternatively, it may also be a temporary condensation problem; in that case, waiting is the answer.

JP Roberts

"JP Roberts" escribió en el mensaje news:cgl6cr$mmc$ snipped-for-privacy@news.ya.com...

Reply to
JP Roberts

I have a 2000 A4 and my panel is starting to loose luminesence is spots as times.

My player gets errors as soon as it seemingly heats up. I get to play about 1 CD or less and then the errors start and I can't play another one until the next time the car sits for an extended period. I don't recall if it says ERR 01 or CD ERR or CD ERR01 as I haven't even tried in a couple months being so frustrated with it.

Reply to
Kyle Tucker