2000 Ford Taurus: CD options?

I have a 2000 Taurus SES that I would like to add a CD changer to. The dealer who sold me the car said that Sony made a changer that would be compatible with the stock am/fm/cass/cd unit in the dash. Is this true or would I have to go through Ford to get the appropriate CD changer for the my car? Either way, what would be the part numbers for the correct changer for this car?

Thanx,

-- Paul

Reply to
Paul

Go to

and click on 'What fits my car?' You should find a changer that's controlled by your radio, if it's possible. Tom F.

Reply to
Tom F.

If you have changer controls on your radio's control panel, you can add a changer. The changer plugs into the radio control unit, which is in the trunk (the dash is just display, controls and tape player.) If you have the center console with the shifter, the factory had an option to mount the changer in there. Otherwise, the changer mounts in the trunk. Unless you are very handy, it may be easier to just keep the changer in the trunk.

Also, you don't have to stick with a 6-disk changer. The radio will support more. I have an AudioVox 10-disk changer in my 2000 Sable.

A few links (some are long and require cut/paste to put back together):

(I first bought one from here. It died in after a few weeks.)

Andrew Rossmann

I bought one for my wife's Taurus here, along with the wiring harness. Give them a call if you don;t see what you are looking for, they were very helpful.

Reply to
Michael O