Need Instrument Cluster

HELP, HELP, HELP

I need to get a new instrument cluster for my 2000 Audi A4. My local dealer in the Caribbean wants about $US2000 for a replacement.

My cluster number is 8D0 920 932G. It is calibrated in Kilometers and has an immobilizer. I am having great difficulty finding it on the net. It is not available in the US, difficult to find in the UK (where the use miles) The Audi dealers in Germany don't stock it.

My engine code is APU and that seems to be a northern European spec engine. Why Audi sent cars speced for Finland and Sweden to the Caribbean is another story. Perhaps they know something about global warming we don't.

Anyhow I would be most grateful if anyone reading this could help me find a unit from a reputable source.

Thanks Simon

PS. How the cluster got screwed is yet another story. To cut a long story short - just avoid companies that claim to fix the display LCD for Audi Clusters. They fixed the display but fu.&%(% ed the immobilizer.

Reply to
Smokin

Simon, I bet that engine block heater gets a lot of use down in the Caribbean, huh? And the heated seats..... You can try

and try to locate a cluster for an A4 from a wrecking yard in Canada - you might also try some of the popular Audi recyclers in the US like
or
might also have a Canadian IC, although I'm not sure if the one for Canada would be the same as yours. I'll post a request on the West Toronto board and see if anybody may be able to help you out. btw, where are you located in the Caribbean? Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

Reply to
Steve Sears

Simon, I see you're in Trinidad & Tobago - you might be able to modify a LHD Canadian Cluster into a RHD car, but then again, you've already gone the route of IC "surgery"........... Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
Reply to
Steve Sears
3 words... ebay, eBay, EBAY!>.. I have 5 instrument custers from ebay ranging from 25 to 50 US... great for spare parts....

Good luck!

Eriik

Reply to
Erik

Hi Erik,

I am an eBay junkie. Looked at eBay USA, UK, Germany, Sweden, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia. No luck. Even emailed Audi dealers in Germany.

HI Steve, I don't know about the US clusters. They did not have imobilizers until recently and will not work in my car. Seems like the cluster is mated with the ECU and that the ECU is very picky about who it talks to.

Thanks though. Simon

Reply to
Smokin