Need manual/instructions to fix original radio in 1988 Audi 5000 CS ...

The radio in my Audi 5000 CS Quattro has a loose wire behind it. The speakers keep cutting out unless I push the radio/cassette unit in ...

Any help is appreciated.

David

Reply to
Quisp Smith

David, The problem might be the wires that plug into the back of the unit - or it might be an internal problem. Removing the unit from the dash and making sure everything is plugged in well is a good idea - also check the continuity between the speakers and the plugs. If the problem is in the head unit itself, you might consider getting one from eBay or

instead of fixing it - unless you're emotionally attached to this one, you can get mid-80's Audi radios for cheap, considering how many of the cars were out there before the UA fiasco really took hold. I repaired one of the (Canadian version - push button volume with a remote control) radios using parts from a couple of inoperable ones I have in my parts bin - one had a busted display, one had a 2 position volume (full or off) and one had a busted security chip. The "Frankenradio" was created using plug-in components from the other radios - forget about fixing circuits. I got the parts radios for about $10 to $20 each. Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ - radio fixed, still lost some hearing. 1980 Audi 5k - radio to be re-installed 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes - AM tube radio singing away in the dash (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
Reply to
Steve Sears

Steve,

thanks for responding..my problem is removing the unit from the dash to get a good look at it. I removed the side panels but could find what was holding the damn thing in. That's why I was looking for a manual that could tell me. I think the problem is in the unit itself. I have a cassette adapter which I hook my mp3 player thru the speakers, it works w/o a hitch, but when I eject it and just play the radio I get the cut outs ... very annoying ...

Reply to
Quisp Smith

There are four holes in the face plate - two on each side. Insert coat hanger wires in the holes to release the clips and pry out carefully.

T> Steve,

Reply to
TonyJ

Reply to