New Audis: Lights off with ignition?

2004/5 A4: If you have the headlights turned on, do they turn off with the ignition, or do you have to remember to shut them off every time you park?

Doug Warner

Doug, on my car the parking lights stay on but the headlights and foglights turn off.

Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

Even with all lights turned off, leaving an indicator selected leaves one side of sidelights on.

andyt

Reply to
Andy Turner

Actually, I believe that's for Euro-spec cars only. In US cars, depressing the turn indicator while the car is off results in ALL of the parking lights being lit.

Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

Hmm, I wonder if there's a VAG bit-flip that will change the behavior to all-lights-off with ignition. After 11 years of never having to touch the headlight switch, I'm afraid my first year of Audi ownership will be an endless run of drained battery strandings..=20

Doug Warner

Well, there IS a warning tone that sounds if you shut off the car with the lights on..... ;-)

Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

Hmm, I wonder if there's a VAG bit-flip that will change the behavior to all-lights-off with ignition. After 11 years of never having to touch the headlight switch, I'm afraid my first year of Audi ownership will be an endless run of drained battery strandings..

Lol, how did you manage to pass your driving test, worry about other things.

Reply to
Ronny