Door open/detent 850 GLT

Hi all,

The detent on the drivers door stopped working i.e. it swings out to full open without any of the spring stops...

Is there an easy fix for this?

Is it something best handled by a dealer ?

TIA

bullshark

Reply to
bullshark

You didn't say what model, but I recall replacing it on my 850, and it wasn't very difficult.

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are vermin. Please kill them.

Reply to
Doug Warner

The door detent/catch is indeed a different unit to the hinges. Well, at least it is if it's the same as my V70. Remove the door lining (remove surround for interior door release handle, remove a couple of screws which are hidden by plastic covers), and you can then see the door detent/catch. There are 2 bolts holding it onto the door, and one holding the connecting-rod type part to the door pillar. Remove the bolts, wriggle and jiggle it till it falls inside the door, then retrieve it, and replace it with the new one! My new one cost me about £15 if I remember correctly. If you're anywhere near cambridgeshire, England, contact me and I'll do it for you! How's that for a result! P.S Be careful with the new one, the spring is VERY strong!! when mine broke originally, it went with a loud BANG!!

Reply to
Joe landy