on board computer fault

my reset switch or button on my right hand stalk for my on board computer will not reset the dash trip ,fuel consumption etc , i have strip the stalk backing off to see any faults ,cleaned connection s ,but still isnt working ,cud it be the dash instrument it self at fault?

Reply to
fiorello

What model/year are you referring to? Up through the 2002 models, I don't believe the stalk is used to reset the trip meter - there is a button mounted on the instrument cluster for that purpose.

Perhaps it is time to read the fine manual? ;-)

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

There is also a trip mileage counter on the dash, which is supposed to be reset along with time, fuel economy, etc. when pressing *and holding* the button on the stalk. Just pressing it switches between the "trip" data and the "lifetime" data.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

Really? Again, what model/year? The only trip meter on the B5 A4/S4 is directly adjacent to the odometer, and is cleared with a dash-mounted button, not the stalk...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

Reply to