Re: front left-turn signal

in article umR0b.162$K44.139@edtnps84, Ben Chan at snipped-for-privacy@telus.net wrote on 8/20/03 5:03 PM:

Hi, > > I have a 03' A4 and the front left-hand turn signal sometimes does not work. > When I examined the bulb, the filaments appeared to be intact. Does anyone > have any idea what is causing this sporadic behaviour? I don't want the > dealer to replace just bulb if there is a more serious problem. > > Many thanks for your expertise. > > Ben > >

Ben - it's funny, but I have the exact same year a4, and since mile 400, I've had problems with the left REAR turn signal. It sporadically tweaks out and I get that stupid warning message on my dash.

I believe it's a wiring thing - and have other reasons to think that the 03 a4s were wired by fiat back in '74.

I haven't asked the dealer to do anything because it's so hard to predict/recreate the disconnect. - I might add that I'm noticing the left front speakers seem to have a loose connection too!

Sorry I can't offer any advice other that to give the light housing a knock with the palm of your hand. It seems to work with me...

keith

Reply to
Fuck Off, You're sending me spam