'Lectric Mirror mounting plate

Hi,

Some body side swiped the drivers door mirror this morning in the 15 minutes I was in the Library. Came back to find housing bent back and the unbroken mirror dangling from the heater wires. The only thing that is broken is the plastic part that the mirror clips onto that fixes it to the moving motorised section.

This looks to be just a ring shaped bit of plastic that adapts the motor driven bit to the mirror mounting lugs. I bet this 10p plastic moulding isn't available as a spare... Cost will probably rule out a new mirror assembly, so does anyone know of a breakers in the Penrith/Carlisle/Hexham/Newcastle area?

2001 Disco II with motorised, heated, folding mirrors.

Beamends lists "Mirror Assembly - Electric RH - Discovery II" and "Mirror Assembly - Electric RH Power Folding - Discovery II from XA237917" but sans price.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

How do you do?

buggerit - dontcha just haye that.

Didn't park up on the pavement I hope - a rather eccentric relative whacks mirrors on offending vehicles with his brolly.

Reply to
William Tasso

So tell me William, where does my father fit into your family tree?

Reply to
EMB

Drivers side in the middle of the road?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

...and William Tasso spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

He's not the only one - didn't someone on this very group confess to doing the same?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

He heh - there's more than one? not surprising really. Maybe they belong to the same underground society of eccentric elderly crusaders - perhaps they have a usenet group :)

Reply to
William Tasso

My old man's been fairly successful at fulfilling his desire to become an eco-terrorist after he retired. He's doing the tree hugging thing quite well, but there's some balance to his crusade - he drives a 1961 SWB that he's owned from new, and reckons Landrover emissions are a part of their character.

Reply to
EMB

More power to him :) There's nothing wrong with standing up for stuff you believe in and our senior relatives carry more credibility than our no-good-for-nuffin' teen evangelists.

Emissions pressure is politics plain & simple. Ain't a thing any government or human can do about climate change - it's coming regardless. People didn't cause it and we can't stop it - although it could be argued we are affecting the rate of change.

It's simple (PR fuelled) social engineering to deflect the stealth-tax argument.

Reply to
William Tasso

"Dave Liquorice" ha scritto nel messaggio

No, luckily it is, cost and replacing are therefore actually trivial.

I have already changed two such adapters on my passenger side mirror (Disco

1 300 Tdi). Have the part # somewhere in the workshop manual, yet don't have the manual handy,

Ciao VA

Reply to
Vincenzoni Attilio, Esq.

UPS!

Reply to
GbH

Picks me self up of the floor! Next time I'm near the dealers I'll drop in. I did look for a part number but it must be round the back somewhere.

Mine's a Disco II not a I and has the full monty mirrors. So I'd be surprised if the same part fitted both (do I need to put some cushions on the floor?)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Land Rover Part No.: STC4625, $2.75 U.S.

Reply to
Jack

STC4625 Mirror Glass Adaptor - Discovery from MA £1.14 inc VAT

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Gosh no =A3 price is US$ price with a currency symbol change. B-)

Thanks both, I suspect postage would be more than the part though Richar= d and dealer markup isn't normally that great. I'll make a phone call to the dealers later to check their price.

Oh remembers that I could also do with at least two of the small silver =

and coloured LR logo wheel centers. A couple have fallen off recently, must be tolerance problems with the center hole on the 16" wheels, I'm sure they were a tight fit in the 18" ones. I'm not normally one to worr= y much about "trim" but the wheels do look bad with the deep hole in the middle, I'm even about to wash the damn thing (mind you the muck/mud/sal= t is so thick on the spare wheel cover you can't see, let alone read, the =

writing on it).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice