Replacing turn signal bulb in '99 A6

Passenger side front turn signal bulb. There are two bulbs for the front turn signals, which I didn't realize until I replaced the wrong one. The one I unnecessarily replaced has a long finned handle protruding that is twisted counterclockwise to remove. This is the one addressed in the owner's manual. I cannot tell how to get to the other one (passenger side), and there is no mention of this bulb in the manual. I googled it and found some suggestions from other models that suggest removing the headlamp assembly or removing the inner skirt to the wheelwell. Any BTDT? TIA Andy

Reply to
Andy

Can't speak to the A6 but on my A4, you do indeed need to remove the headlight unit to replace the turn signal and low-beam bulbs. There are 4 bolts that need to be removed, and the rearmost one is very difficult to reach, as it is very low and wedged between either the airbox or a metal fitting and the back of the headlight unit. I made a tool to get to it, gluing a hex-head wrench with the bend cut off into an appropriately-sized socket and used a nutdriver to turn it.

Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58