Resetting Engine Immobilizer

Hello All,

Does anyone know how to reset the engine immobilizer for a 2001 A4 1.8T without having to call a dealer?

I sent my instrument cluster in for repair (the missing pixels problem) and now that I have put it back into the car the engine immobilizer light blinks. The car starts and immediately shuts off. I understand that once the cluster and the ECU have been apart for more than a few hours the immobilizer has to be reset. This is part of the antitheft system.

I know that the dealer can do this as well as the VAG COM software. However I have heard that there is a manual immobilizer reset but I can't find any discussion on it.

Hope someone here can help.

Many Thanks Simon

Reply to
shfraser

I'm sorry for you but I'd surely hope not. Because what would be the meaning of an immobilizer if any thug (not you) could reset it by himself?

Regards

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Pawlinetz