immobilizer problems with Vag Com

I have an 02 GTI that i bought without the original keys. It came with a new key that had not been cleared with the immobilizer III. I have vag-com and am having some problems. After entering in the 7 digit code and WSC, and importer number i try to reset the current keys to 0 and i keep getting an error message.

Im i not logged in properly? or is it because

In the measuring block 22 i get a number three and according to ross tech for that key to be possible to program it should show a number 1.

Reply to
sunofafish

Did you pose that question to the vag-com list on yahoo? Or search the ross-tech.com site?

dave

If I remember rightly you have to set the current keys to the total amount you want to use with the car i.e two keys = 2 what you are doing is recoding all of the keys.

John

Reply to
John C