Seattle Audi/VW mechanic

I've got a 98 Audi 2.8 V6 which is leaking from the camshaft tensioner seals. My dealer (University) wants over $1000 to fix this. Any alternative suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
dnvof

do it yourself, the parts should be less than $20, heres a site that tells you how to do it,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Find an independant repair facility. Ask used car dealers where to have repairs if you buy an audi from them. I found one this way after the dealer gave me an estimate of $875. for the job. I ended up paying $310. which also included valve cover gaskets and spark plugs. Its less than a two hour job for an experienced mechanic. Look hard for an experienced audi mechanic. They are out there.

Reply to
NOSPAM