Smart Length of Extended Warranty

I have a 2003 A$ 3.0 Quattro with 40M miles. I'm wondering how long of an extended warranty to buy and whether to buy a comprehensive warranty.
In other words when - time or miles - does this car start to need major
maintenance and what is most likely to need repairs/replacement?
Thanks.
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.audi / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

well at 40 million miles its must have had at least one timing belt change already and 2 oil.
you must travel extensively as that's roughly 27,000 a day give or take 500.
I would go for a very comprehensive cover.
dj
Sue Ridge wrote:

Don't know your age Sewerage but prior to "K" indicating 1000's, "M" used to be it!!
John

Hmmm John remembers the OLD days! lol
MMVII (dating system still used on some movie covers) 1000+1000+5+1+1 07
IIRC that is Roman #s, (M00) which I will ASSuME the OP is using to indicate 40,000 miles.
I could be wrong though! <g>
--
later,
dave