Where to get a "Bra" for my car ? (Audi A4 B5)

Hello,

i have seen it here in germany several times. (Most US-Cars have a leather "bra" at the front - against stone hits). May someone tell me what these things cost ?

(Here In Ebay they are about 100? is that a good price ?

Thanks Stephan

Reply to
Stephan P. alias Junior D.

People in the U.S. are often discouraged from buying them because they can cloud the car's paint. I guess the choice is yours - cloudy paint, or stone chips.

Reply to
Jonesy

Unless you live where there are a lot of gravel/crushed stone roadways, save that 100? for more fuel. A bra can easily end up doing more damage to the paint on the bonnet than had no bra been used...

Been there/done that/threw the bra away and paid for the respray on my new

240Z back in 1973 :-(

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

Stephan, Maybe you should look for a 3M dealer to get a "clear bra" for the car - they make a film which is only noticable up close but protects extremely well against stone hits. Or if you like the black bras they have for cars - maybe try a car lingerie store? Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
Reply to
Steve Sears

Thanks a lot. I won`t install a bra then.

Reply to
Stephan P. alias Junior D.

It is a bro.

I have seen the damage a bro can do to the paint. The clear bro also has its downsides. Like you will always have this really shiny front end. And if you want to remove it, re-painting will be required.

Reply to
Anonymous