Where to get cup holder inserts?

I have a 99 XLT. I somehow lost the black plastic cup holder inserts for the console. Is this something that auto parts store carries or is this a dealer part? My Thermos coffee mug now rattles without the insert.

Reply to
SizzleMP

Richard Grimes

'99XLS

I know how mine got "lost" It stuck to the bottom of the can and I trashed it all! Maybe we will find out.

Richard

Reply to
Debbie Grimes

Reply to
Ratbert

try google for what you're looking for...either that or ask your dealer or a junkyard. i really doubt that you "need someone" to help you find aftermarket cupholder inserts so your thermos doesn't rattle.

john

john

Reply to
John T. Waisanen

Try calling or looking in a scrapyard. Someone may have totalled a '98-'01, which would have the same inserts.

I think the ones in the '02-on Sport and SportTrac are also the same...

Reply to
JonnyCab®

Thanks, I'll try that.

Reply to
SizzleMP

You should be able to get the insert from your Ford Parts counter. You will probably be surprised at the price as well. On some things they are pretty reasonable (at least more than I expected). For instance, I needed to replace the front wheel well internal mud-flaps on my '97. After pulling it off and on so many times to do various work on my Explorer they have gotten pretty ripped up. In addition to that most of the plastic pins had broken off. I expected to pay around $25 for each side as well as about $1 for each of the twelve plastic pins. I was quite surprised to find out that the flaps were only $11 each and included the mounting pins. I got out of there for a third of what I expected. Might not hurt to drive down to any Ford/Lincoln/Mercury dealer and ask. They may cost about $5 each but that is nothing compared to the aggravation of a rattling coffee cup.

Robert

Reply to
Robert Eberhardt

Dealer or auto wrecker...... aftermarket parts manufacturers are mainly interested in dress up items and what are known as sacrificial parts. The low volumes of interior trim pieces and the like make it unprofitable to pursue the market..

Jim Warman

The scrap yard will probably force you buy the whole console though. ;-)

Reply to
gordo

Dunno... I see interior finish parts on eBay all the time ;-)

Reply to
Robert A. Matern