Wiring an iPod into a '99 A6?

I've tried to hook up an iPod two different ways to my '99 A6 - via cassette tape and fm tuner car kits. Both sound (relatively) horrible, especially the cassette tape method.

Is there a way to hardwire an aux input to the Bose audio system in the '99 A6? Maybe if I pull out the amplifier? Or splice into some other input? I would really like to get the iPod hooked up to the car. Thanks for any advice!

Reply to
mysticron

After spending more time on Google, I found this:

I think it may work in my car, I'm going to check my owners manual to make sure.

Reply to
mysticron

Reply to
Michelle P

At $200 it's certainly not skinflint priced but this is what Jesus would use.

Ports right in to the stock head and use stock head cd changer control to control your ipod.

I thought about it but I am getting a PhatNoise from eBay instead.

You know Phat?

Reply to
AustinMini.OsiTech.Net

Thanks for the link to Dension. I ordered the ICELink today. It seemed to have the best features and sound quality. They said the next firmware update will display track names (not just track numbers) on the radio.

Reply to
mysticron