1988 528e - Power Seat Problem

Hi -

My driver side power seat is having problems. This is the fore-aft adjustment. It will go forward, but not back. While trying to fix it, the seat has traveled full forward. Driving it, the steering wheel is now under my chin! (Luckily, I have a spare car until I fix this.)

When the button is pushed, a faint hum can be heard, but no motor. Could this be an obscured sensor? A jammed motor? Any advice, web links, etc? I would like to try and repair this myself.

Thx

Reply to
groundsel

these are the 2 best sites out there... the first is a forum, the 2nd has repair info

Reply to
SharkmanBMW