2001 740il

Hi,

I want to know, what other models of phone are compatable with a 2001

740IL. It comes with a Motorola StarTac phone, but that phone is not supported by service providers. Hence I want to know model of a phone which is available currently in the market and is compatiable with the 2001 740IL.

thanks, Sri

Reply to
krama26

That's it. The connector and software on the phone (which is proprietary to BMW) determine your choices, but there are none. BMW doesn't offer an upgrade kit.

Verizon had to re-active my StarTac (CPT8000) phone (when it was replaced temporarily) since it was activated when the FCC requirement for the 911 location/GPS on a cell phone in June kicked-in. You maybe able to reactive your phone if this is the case - I had to escalate mine to a supervisor to get it done.

Good luck.

Reply to
Ian D