733I sunroof liner removal

I'll try to be more specific this time. I have an 84 733i. The sunroof has been leaking for some time before I got the car and the drive mechanism is all seized up. All I can do manually is to raise the roof, not slide it back, and even that is getting harder, soon to be impossible. The motor has already burned up so using it to do anything is fruitless. If I get the sunroof liner off I can remove the ceiling headliner in front of the sunroof, which will allow me to remove and replace the motor. If I can get the sunroof liner off I can start removing the main headliner so I can get the entire sunroof assembly out. I need to know how to remove the sunroof liner, hopefully without destroying it in the process.

Reply to
carl mciver