735i 88 reverse problem....

i need help from anyone, when i put my car in reverse it engages but you have to rev the engine before it goes.thanks for any idea.

Reply to
razmorro

Assuming you have checked the fluid level (auto tranny) and it's where it should be, you're probably reaching the end of the clutch packs life for the reverse gear. When was the last time the fluid and filter were changed? If you don't know, chances are it needs done and may (MAY) help.

If it's a manual tranny, you have real problems :)

Reply to
Psycho

Reverse clutch pack worn out and slipping.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks Dave,

I was happy to hear that my diagnosis was most likely dead on. If the original poster is the mechanical type (which doesn't appear to be the case from other messages posted), it's a $200 to $300 dollar job to freshen up the tranny. If he pays someone to do it for him, $$$$$$

Reply to
Psycho