Alarm going off on '02 540i w/sport

Anywhere from 2 mins. to 20 mins. after I arm it. Dealer told me it's either: 1. battery is bad or 2. hood switch is bad causing it to "think" someone is opening the hood. It's CPO under warranty but has anybody had this happen??

Thanks

Reply to
dwilli

I've just had my 2002 330ci (UK) in to the dealer with the same alarm problem as you describe. I also had a faulty drivers door lock which was replaced. I was told the lock might have been the problem but also that the hood switch was causing them concern and that while it worked they thought it might be badly seated and that I should monitor it and contact them if the symptoms continue. The day after collecting it went off at 6.00am so later that morning I squirted all the spring catches and keeps and then found the hood switch which I pushed about and prodded a few times. That was yesterday morning - since then OK!

Reply to
Ranger

It started again! so it's booked into the dealer for a replacement switch.

Reply to
Ranger