Half Shaft Nut

I have an e36 318i '94. The nut on the half shaft which locates the hub on my car keeps undoing?

I have used new nuts and torqued to 200Nm, used thread lock, and hammered over the castelated part of the nut.

What would be causing this? Any ideas?

Reply to
mOOnEyEs

Are the half shafts sided (as on Rolls Royce) so that one side is anti-clockwise so that as the wheel turns it tends to do up?

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Have the bearings on that wheel been replaced at one time? Quite possible that they have not been properly seated or are failing.

BD

Reply to
Blake Dodson

near side (kerb) should be left hand thread. off side should be right hand thread.

if either is still undoing then there is some mechanical fault involved.

get a "very good" mechanic to check bearings, alignments, joints etc.

Reply to
Ted

Please - left and right, this is a multi-national group.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton