BMW 530i service estimate

Hello, I have a 2002 BMW 530i with ~104k miles. The car is in good condition, but I am going on a long road-trip and wanted to get things checked out beforehand. I recently noticed the brakes to be catching a little, so am not too surprised by the recommendations below. Can anyone advise if parts + labor quoted below is reasonable? I live in Chicago. Thanks!

Charles

NEED TO DO: (price is parts and labor)

- front brake pads, rotors and sensor $

560

- front sway bar links $ 155 both front and rear pass side have a lot of play in them....front and rear

- rear sway bar links $ 176

- Flush brake and clutch fluid $ 300

- change trans fluid $ 64

- change diff fluid $ 80

- Change engine oil and filter $ 88

Total: $ 1423

RECOMMENDED:

- Rear brake pads rotors and sensor $440

Reply to
charles.hadsell

wrote

That's a bit steep, I'd say. My local mechanic charges around $100 for this for labor plus the fluid itself which should not be more than another $50 max.

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Agreed, I just had the brake fluid flush for $138 at a dealer. The OP Might also consider O2 sensors and spark plugs if they've never been done.

Tom K.

Reply to
Tom K.

They're already changing the front brake pads/rotors/sensors. They have to be bled afterward anyway. How much more labor is required to just flush the whole system (5 bleed screws and maybe a liter of fluid)? $300 sounds outrageous for a one hour job.

R / John

Reply to
John Carrier