BMW e36 locking problems.

My boyfriend and i cannot work out what the problem is.

Basically it started with the blown fuse. Once the fuse was changed, it still has problem. The car has central locking, and the boot operates with the car and vise versa. When you lock the car (drivers side), the pin sometimes springs back to the unlocked position, but when it doesnt it doesnt lock the boot at the same time (but it used to). The boot itself, locks the car doors (when turned to dead lock position).

We thought it was the motor in the boot at first (as there was a problem with it), and although that was changed, the locking is still a problem.

Does anyone have any idea where you can start looking?

Also, if it helps...we notice yesterday that one of the rear lights (left) has condensation inside it.

Regards

Reply to
erinn095

On 5 Sep 2006 02:41:07 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com waffled on about something:

I would suspect there is still a problem with the boot sender. Sounds like it's making the unlock connections and bouncing all the doors open again. This could be a fault in the sender, or the lock mechanism itself might be jammed/stiff.

I would unplug the wire from the boot central locking and try that or a few days. If the door central locking works fine with that disconnected, you've found your fault.

I had a very similar thing with the drivers door sender on my E36

Dodgy.

Reply to
Dodgy