CD player question

Jot a 1995 525i for a great deal. The CD player is not working.. I have it taken apart and found a stuck CD - got it out, but still, I watch the changer look for disks, a disk gets about 1/4 way in, and goes back out.. then I get a disk error. My thinking is that there may be a photo diode that is looking for a disk (the disk breaks the light when it goes in 1/4 the way - but I get a disk error still. When I put a disk in the play position, I still get an error. The disk does not turn as the unit reads 'no disk'.

Anyone have any ideas on this? (besides buy a new one!)

Thanks

Scott

Reply to
Scott C

I'm guessing you didn't get an alpine. Solution besides buy a new one is send it off for warranty repair. But it's not under warranty is it. Which means you get to buy a new one... It's not hard. 200 bucks, the black alpine mp3/wma player, and you are done. Come on.. you know you wanna.

Reply to
Enoch Root

This may be obvious, but how are you loading the disks? On the OE 6 disk changer from those years the CDs get loaded upside down (printed side down).

Reply to
Fred W

I got this fixed. It was the photo diode that senses if a disk is in or not. It's a BMW player, and works fine now.

Thanks

Scott

Reply to
Scott C

Just interested, what is the model number of the Alpine MP3 player?

sc

Reply to
Scott C