Clarification of 'Comms pack'

Hi

Can anyone clarify what is comprised in the 'Comms pack'?

One non-franchised dealer told me: "on a 2000/w 740 the comms pack means telephone upgraded sound system and on board computer, after 2001 comms pack means sat nav and tv."

I don't believe this, but can anyone clarify?

Thanks

Paul

Reply to
Paul Aspinall

If phone rings radio is muted.

centre console has GPS and an [optional IIRC] TV. Can't confirm the dates. BMW have had OBC since at least 1982 - I even fixed a blown segment on mine (in ~1986 - total cost ~£5) because we suss'ed that the display was Siemens.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

My 2000 W 7-series has a comms pack which has telephone, sat nav and TV. OBC was standard anyway just presented differently because of the screen. Don't think my sound system sounds upgraded ;-) Best thing to do is press the 'menu' button and see what you can select.

Philip

Reply to
Philip Ellis