Cracks in alloys

Anyone have cracks appearing on hub end of alloy wheel? Fitted to 320d which has done 64000 and is just over 3 years old.

Reply to
Edward

I have alloy wheels on a '94 E36 that have no cracks.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I haven't checked for cracks, but when I removed my snow tires this spring, I found that when my state safety inspection was done (which requires removing one wheel), they tightened the lug bolts way too much. I couldn't even remove them with an electric impact wrench. Do you think your cracks could be from improperly tightening the lug bolts? If you have an alloy wheel for the spare, I'd switch it with the cracked one.

Reply to
David

Not very relevant really is it! Perhaps a different batch/style? Oh- always appreciated if you bottom post

Reply to
DCA