Direct FM Radio connection

I have a 2001 bmw 525i and I'm about to install an fm direct connection for my satelite radio. I know i can remove the radio to do this, but i was wondering if this could also be connected to any of the connectors in the trunk where the cd changer hookup is. Two of the lines look very similar to the antenna adapter for the satelite radio. thanks

Reply to
wahstyle

Me thinks the CD and the FM antenna are completely separate connections. The CD will need a power and left and right channels, plus the line to control changing the track. At the very least, this requires four wires, plus ground, so five wires.

I'd suggest pulling the radio as the directions tell you, and installing the modulator between the existing antenna connection point.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I added an auxiliary input adapter from BMW to my 2003 525i, and I plug my XM Roady and non-iPod MP3 player into it with outstanding results. Perhaps it is available for your year? Call a BMW parts dept, it was the best $39.95 I ever spent on my car. (The only option that doesn't cost $2000.)

Reply to
Pepperoni Pizza