RADIO RECEPTION

2002 325i, Business radio, looking to increase the radio reception. Suggestions?
Reply to
iamamaximuss

Aftermarket replacement. Pay close attention to the FM sensitivity ratings. They vary widely.

Reply to
Fred W

What it needs is a (or pair of) proper roof mounted aerials. Height above the car makes all the difference. Window aerials are a poor compromise - especially for AM.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Move back to civilization..................

Sir Hugh of Bognor

hsg

Can be the worst places for radio reception - 'civilization' often mean tall buildings.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I wasn't even considering AM. Does anybody actually listen to that anymore? Even the local sports here have shifted to the higher fidelity of the FM band.

Reply to
Fred W

The OP might - he didn't make it clear. However the aerial thing applies to both. And I'd first look at the aerial pre-amp before considering a new head unit. I'm not so sure they do vary that much in sensitivity - most decent ones will be near the theoretical maximum these days.

No DAB? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)