E30 Antenna Problem

The other day my antenna went from funtioning perfe4ctly to stuck in the up position, now it retracts about 2 inches and then goes back up the same amount. Am I out of luck and need to replace the uniit or is there some sort recourse? Thanks

Matt

'91 318is

Reply to
Matthew Warren

You can either clean and lube the heck out of it (which is likely to work - it did for my E28) or get another mast for ~$30 from BavAuto or your favorite aftermarket supplier of BMW parts.

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; drove that)

Reply to
E28 Guy©

having only last year done 2 electric antennae, i can tell you its not a big job; remove it, strip it out and clean it. once clean you can see if the teeth on the nylon drive are worn or not. if they are good, lubricate, re-assemble and test. when re-fitting make sure you re-connect the water drain. i seem to get a lot of water through mine.

keith

Reply to
keith