E36 320SE 1992 Central Locking problem

Hi I bought this car acouple of weeks ago and everything was perfect....................until I had the engine steam cleaned!

The problem is the key fob turns the alarm on but the doors do not lock. Its a bit of a pain because when you lock the drivers door with the key, they all open again after half a second. Even if you push the inside catch down it pops up again. I am having to turn the key in the lock and wait until the other doors open then get in the back and push the catch down on each door to lock it. I had the plugged into the diagnostic tool and it stated there were no faults, and I just had to wait for moisture to dry out of a cable sheath..................but its been 2 weeks now inwarm weather.

Any ideas would be great as I never worked on one of these before, even if it means pulling out a relay so the other doors stay locked (where is it?_)

Cheers

Marco

Reply to
Marco