Drivers door central locking doesn't work

My x-plate 2001 model 5-door has developed a strange habit. When opening the car with the drivers door key, only drivers door opens until you manually open the passengers from inside, or give it a minute or two and the all other doors open. Opening via passengers door key seem quite ok. Other electrical items seem ok including starting in this cold weather.

Martin J.

Reply to
martin j

In message , martin j wrote

If you have remote key fob it's usually possible to set two modes of operation.

1) Open drivers door only with a single click (a double click to open all doors) 2) Open all doors with a single click.

On my Y plate I have it set to only open the drivers door with one click and the same happens when I manually use the key - one turn only opens the drivers door (when key used in the drivers side).

To toggle between the two modes first have all doors locked and then hold down the open AND closed buttons on the remote key fob for around two seconds until the indicator lights flash.

Doing the same again with get you back to the original mode of door opening.

Reply to
Alan

Mine was a German 1999 Focus and it had the same habit with cold weather. Might be a method to ensure with cold battery to save some energy or whatever algorithms there are. Christoph

martin j schrieb , am 28.12.2009 09:27:

Reply to
Christoph