E36 BMW 325TDS Auto 1993

Hi, I have the above car and have been running it for nearly 2 years. The only problem I have is a big niggle really, without any warning the fuel gauge goes to empty. This happens even on a full tank!

The tank senders seem to be OK, I was wondering whether this is a well known fault with this model?

Is there a firmware upgrade or an electronic fault that is causing this?

I have run out of diesel a few time because of this and it's really annoying.....

Reply to
Robert G Moore

More likely a bad connection to the sendor, maybe a wired chafing somewhere?

Reply to
John Burns

The wiring to the senders has been checked out and in any case the fuel gauge rteading changes even when the car is making NO movement at all.....

Reply to
Robert G Moore