E36 compact diesel turbo?

I have an oil leak around the turbo and I have been told that it's the oil pipe and all I have to do is take he pipe off and clean it, replace it and use a new clamp.

but here's the stupid question. Where is the turbo on the 1997 E36 diesel turbo?

I know it's a stupid question but there's no haynes manual to help me.

cheers

brian

Reply to
bRiAN

On the end of the exhaust header or manifold whichever side of the Atlantic you live.....

Reply to
hsg

With an e36 turbo-diesel he is definitely on YOUR side of the Atlantic... Wish we had those over here.

Kevin Rhodes Westbrook, Maine, USA '86 535i

Reply to
Kevin Rhodes

Well Kevin - not being a raver of small cars - preferring the V8 7 series E39 and now the E65 3.0 turbo diesel that out accelerates the old 4.4 petrol V8 like it was a 2.0 shoe box I didn't know you never had them but then living in a land of almost free gas anything with 426CIID and supercharged would do very nice like the new Challenger - please send one over...........

Hugh

Reply to
hsg