E36 - My "Bong" is still not working, can anyone help?

I traced the lack of speed limit triggered bonging on my '96 325 TDS to the fact the bonger was missing!

So I pinched the bonger off my broken 325TD (which I know works, cos it scared the life out of me one night when it was a bit chilly).

All plugged in, but still no bong.

No "memo" hour chime bongs, no limit bongs (limit LED flashes, so the OBC II is working that far).

Any ideas? Is there a bong fuse or relay somewhere I should check? (I fear it might involve going under the dash again, where many strange and wonderful boxes with a hundred wires live!).

Dodgy.

Reply to
Dodgy

I think the relay for the bonger is under the rear seat, and is yellow. Someone might have removed it. I always remove the one for the catalyst warning after removing the cat from my BMW's.

Steve.

Reply to
Tbird-Steve

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 22:34:44 +1200, "Tbird-Steve" waffled on about something:

Under the rear seat?!

Are you sure about that? It seems a very strange place for a dashboard related relay... However, nothing would surprise me!

Dodgy.

Reply to
Dodgy

Fairly sure. Depending on the model, there's a whole bunch of relays that live under there. I used to have a diagram somewhere showing what they did, but only concerned myself with the more annoying ones which needed removing.

Steve

Reply to
Tbird-Steve