E39 Radio Cassette gives me a "CLEAN" msg? Is this what I think?

Does anyone know what this means. I've recently started using one of those Digisette MP3 cassettes, I've got a cd changer but find the whole cd burning thing a pain.

Anyways, recently everytime I start playing the tape, it plays alright but I get this CLEAN message flash for about 2 seconds and then disappears. Any idea what this means or how to fix it. My guess is it wants me to clean the cassette player head but I'm not sure so anyone know what it really means??

Thanks

Reply to
ChrisJ

Your guess is correct, it wants you to clean it. I don't remember the number of hours, but the "clean" message is triggered by hours of use.

Kyle.

97 M3 98 740iL
Reply to
Kyle and Lori Greene

It means you need to CLEAN the cassette deck.

Go to Radio Shack and buy a cassette deck cleaning kit. Place a couple of drops of cleaning fluid -- included in the kit -- on the cleaning device, insert the cleaning device in the cassette deck, allow it to run for several seconds -- follow the package directions. Repeat as necessary when the deck alerts you with the CLEAN message.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

The CLEAN-Message appears about all 50 hours of use, in your case it's not necessary to clean really the recorder-head!

Greetings, Jürgen

Reply to
Jürgen Müller