E46 2001 BMW bluetooth in-car phone, can anyone get it to work?

Hi All,

I own a E46 2001 convertible and on my sterring wheel i can see the answer call and speak options for the in-car phone. Does this mean i have the capability? or is it just there for show? i cant find any refrence to it in the manual!

can you help?

Thannks Regards

Reply to
hspadwal

Needs a phone or bluetooth installed, unlikely to have bluetooth in a car this age.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

I have a 2005 E46 with blue tooth. The dealer programmed the phone to the car. Now when I get in, with the phone on, the car syncs to it automatically (when I turn off the key the phone will beep to notify me of a broken connection).

My guess your car did not come with blue tooth because of its age. However, it may have hard wired capability.

Reply to
grinder

Those are standard buttons on steering wheel, you don't have BT, but can have it installed aftermarket,,,,, look around, could be $$ and not worth it.

Reply to
SharkmanBMW

It's $700-800. Make sure you get the latest version of the Bluetooth modules.

has it, I think, and I've had good luck with them.

Reply to
Tom Scales

At the time, it was intended to integrate a phone plugged into the car. Evidently you can retrofit bluetooth. Try this link:

R / John

Reply to
John Carrier

Thanks guys,

Dont think i will be fitting a bkluetooth in!, i thought if it was there i would use it!,

May be next ttime huh?

Thanks all

hspadwal