How do I know what options I have?

Is there a list of options my car came with somewhere on the car? The vehicle is 2005. Thanks.

Reply to
Snappo

There is not one on the car but there is one inside the car. On the inside of the compartment door, left side about the size of a playing card, white with a black strip on the top. It is the build codes and includes items other than options, and does not list all standard items.

Reply to
Dad

OK; I apologize in advance for being obtuse; but what is a "compartment door". I kind of figured out some of the stuff.

1) Since I have the HUD, heated seats with memory, etc. that means I have the 3LT. 2) My tires say "SC" on them so the dealer was correct that I have Z51. 3) It was a museum delivery - there is a sticker inside the door

I have no idea if I have the 2:73 or 3:15 rear ratio. I have no idea which rim I have (standard or upgrade choice)

What other choices don't I know about?

Reply to
Snappo

Oh, and I know I have the automatic transmission because it won't move to the left or right. LOL

Reply to
Snappo

Under the passenger side air bag is a door (panel on a hinge), used to store the spare fuses and the switch to turn off the air bag. You will also fine the receptacle for the FOB for emergency start if the FOB battery goes dead. Dealer should have pointed that out along with some emergency exit requirements for the electric door openers. Also can contain the owners manual and has in the past been called the glove compartment. It has a latch at the top to open it and let it swing down exposing the interior and its contents. On that swinging panel, sometimes called a compartment door, is the sticker mentioned in the previous post.

May not be true, tires are easy to change. Are the rotors drilled and does the radius rods have grease zerks? Does it have a transmission cooler and a power steering cooler? The above mentioned sticker should have the Z51 option marked if you have all of the above plus heavy shocks and sway bars.

Option designation is G90 for the 3:15 differential ratio and will be on the above mentioned sticker. You may have to assume that if the code is not there that you have the stock 2:73.

Rim option is QG7 for the polished rims and you again may have to assume you have the stock rims if that code does not appear in the above mentioned sticker and they are painted. Both thoughts may be incorrect if the previous owner added aftermarket wheels.

C2L, CC3, F55, UE1,U2K, USU, 19U, 79U, & 86U of which the last 3 are special paint options.

Reply to
Dad

OK - am on the case. :-) Time passes.........

Here is what I have (God knows what these all mean) - how do I research this?

AAB AG2 AJ7 AQ9 BGR CF7 CJ2 DD0 DD8 DL5 D42 E2C FE3 FE9 G90 IL3 J55 KA1 K63 LS2 MX0 M32 NK4 NT9 N37 QG7 R8C SLL EU1 UG1 UJ9 US3 US9 UV6 U2K U52 U65 VA5 VDD VM3 V73 XGN YGJ Z51

1SB 1SZ 19I 193 74U
Reply to
Snappo

I found some stuff; but not others:

CodeDescriptionCost AAB Memory Package AG2 ? AJ7 Airbags AQ9 Sport bucket seats BGR ? CF7 Roof panel - removable body color CJ2 Dual Zone A/C DD0 Mirrors with compas DL8 Mirros outside - heated DL5 ? D42 ? E2C ? FE3 Sport Suspension FE9 Federal emissions G90 3.15 Sport axle ratio$395 IL3 ? J55 ? KA1 Heated Seats K63 ? LS2 LS2 motor MX0 4 speed auto with overdrive M32 ? NK4 Leather wrapped steering wheel NT9 ? N37 Power telescope manual tilt wheel QG7 Deluxe forged wheel$1,295 R8C NCM pickup$490 SLL? UE1 Onstar$696 UG1 Homelink UJ9 ? US3 ? US9 Sound system with 6 CD changer UV6 HUD U2K XM Radio$325 U52 Analog instruments U65 ? VA5 ? VDD ? VM3 ? V73 ? XGN ? YGJ ? Z51 Performance Handling package$1,495

1SB Option Package$2,995 1SZ ? 19I ? 193 Black interior 74U Victory Red 1YY07 $43,445
Reply to
Snappo

You may have noticed that all Corvette coupes have CF7 Roof panel - removable body color, U52 Analog instruments, UG1 Homelink, FE9 Federal emissions, LS2 LS2 motor, AQ9 Sport bucket seats, and NK4 Leather wrapped steering wheel, in other words standard build codes of which some may be included in an option package. Those that were priced are the options and not a standard item included in all Corvettes or as GM calls them RPOs, regular production options.

Reply to
Dad

If you have a 2005 you have a 1SB (same as 3lt)

AAB Memory, Driver Convenience Package

AG2 Adjuster Passenger ST, Power Multi-Directional

AJ7 Restraint System Seat, Inflatable, Driver and PASS, FRT and Side

AK5 Restraint System Seat, Inflatable, Driver and PASS

AQ9 Seat, FRT BKT, Luxury

AR9 Seat, FRT BKT, Deluxe

AU5 Lock Control, Entry Remote Entry, Low Power

AU8 Lock Control, Entry Remote Entry, Specific Frequency

AX4 Restraint Conversion, Seat Belt, Manual, European

BGR Plant Code, Bowling Green, KY, USA

BV7 Bumper Provisions Front and Rear, Canadian Requirements

B4H Modification, Noise Control, Export

CC3 Roof, Hatch, Removable Panels, Plastic

CE4 Washer, Headlamp, High Pressure

CF7 Roof, Sun, Removable, Non-Transparent

CJ2 HVAC System, Air Conditioner, FRT, Automatic Temperature Control, Auxiliary Temperature Control

CM7 Roof, Convertible, Folding, Power

C2L Roof, Package, Dual Removable

DD0 Mirror, Outside, LH & RH, Remote Control, Electric, Heated, Light Sensitive

DD8 Mirror, Inside, R/V Light Sensitive

DL5 Decal Roadside Service Information

DL8 Mirror Outside, LH & RH, Remote Control, Electric, Heated

D42 Shade, RR Compartment

FE1 Suspension System, Soft Ride

FE2 Suspension System Ride, Handling

FE3 Suspension System, Sport

FE9 Certification, Emission, Federal

GB9 Label, Limited, Consignment-Delete

GU2 Axle Rear-2.73 Ratio

GU6 Axle Rear-3.42 Ratio

G90 Axle Rear-3.15 Ratio

JL5 Control, Manual Transmission, First To Fourth Gear Skip Shift

JL9 Brake System, Power, Front and Rear Disc, Antilock, 4-Wheel

J55 Brake system, Heavy Duty

KA1 Heater, Seat, FRT

KNP Cooling System, Transmission, HD

KNR Cooling System, Axle-Limited Slip Differential

K05 Heater, Engine Block

KPS Cooler, Oil, Engine

K63 Generator-110 AMP

LS2 Engine, Gas, 8 CYL, 6.0L, SFI, Aluminum, GM

MM6 Transmission, Manual 6 SP, Tremec, 85 MM, 2.66 1st, 0.50 6th O/D

MN6 Merchandised Transmission, Manual 6 SPD Provisions

MX0 Merchandised Transmission, Automatic Provisions O/D

MZ6 Transmission, Manual 6 SPD, Tremec, 85MM, 2.97 1st, 0.71 5th, 0.57 6th O/D

M32 Transmission, Auto 4 SPD, HMD, 4L60-E, Electronic, HD

NA3 Emission System, Japan

NE1 Certification-Emission, Geographically Restricted Registration For Vehicles Up To 14,000 GVW (Use 2003 MDL YR)

NF9 Emission System General OBD MIL Suppression

NG1 Certification-Emission, Geographically Restricted Registration For Vehicles Up To 6,000 LBS GVW

NK4 Steering Wheel-Sport Leather

NP7 Steering Column, EEC Approved

NT4 Emission System-EEC 05

NT9 Emission System- Federal, Tier 2 Phase Out

NU4 Emission System-California LEV2 Plus

N37 Steering Wheel-Tilt, Telescoping

QG6 Wheel-18 x 8.5 FRT & 19 x 10 RR, Aluminum, Styled

QG7 Wheel-18 x 8.5 FRT & 19 x 10 RR, Polished

T62 Lamp System-Daytime Running -Delete

T79 Lamp-FOG, RR, CHMSL-LED, Rear Lamps-Incandescent

T84 Head Lamps RH Rule of the Road, E Mark

T85 Headlamps, LH Rule of the Road, E Mark

T90 Lamps, Signaling & Marker, Front, Export

T93 Lamp-Tail & Stop, Special

UA2 Theft Deterrent System Export Specific

UD4 Alarm, Vehicle Speed, 120 km/h

UE1 Communication System Vehicle, G.P.S. 1

UG1 Opener- Garage Door Universal

UH3 Indicator-Low Tire Pressure , VAR 2

UJ6 Indicator-Low Tire Pressure

UJ9 Indicator-Low Tire Pressure , VAR 1

UK1 Frequencies-Japanese

UL2 Frequencies-European

US3 Antenna-Diversity

US8 Radio-AM/FM Stereo, SEEK/SCAN, CD, AUTO TONE, CLOCK, ETR, MP3, RDS

US9 Radio-AM/FM Stereo, SEEK/SCAN, RDS, Multiple Compact DISC, CD, AUTO TONE Control, CLOCK, ETR, MP3

UV6 Display Head Up

UZD Radio-AM/FM Stereo, Seek/Scan, DVD, CD, CLOCK, ETR, Navigation, Voice REC, MP3

U19 Speedometer-Instrument Cluster, KILO & Miles, KILO Odometer

U2K Digital Audio System S-Band

U3D Radio-AM/FM Stereo, Seek/Scan, DVD, CD, CLOCK, ETR, Navigation, Voice REC, MP3, VICS

U52 Cluster-Instrument , Electronic

U65 Speaker System-7, Premium

U66 Speaker System-7, Custom

VA5 Language Label-English

VBX Language Label-Arabic

VB1 Language Label-Japan

VC4 Label-Price/Fuel ECON, Puerto Rico & Virgin Islands

VC5 Label-Shipping, Except US, US Possessions, or Japan

VDD Vehicle Information-DVD, Customer Orientation

VG8 Vehicle Label-Notice to Buyer

VJ4 Label, Export-Child Seat Location

VH5 Plate-Vehicle Identification

VK3 License Plate Front-FRT Mounting Package

VL4 License Plate Front- FRT Mounting Package, EEC

VL6 License Plate Front- FRT Mounting Package, Japanese

VZ3 Label-Mercury Disposal Notification

V73 Vehicle Statement-USA/Canada

V76 Hook-Tow

V78 Vehicle Statement-Delete

V87 Vehicle Statement-Gulf States Organization

XFV Tire Front-P245/40ZR18-88Y BW HW4 (EMT)

XGN Tire Front-P245/40ZR18-88Y BW HW4 HI-Performance

YFX Tire Rear-P285/35ZR19-90Y BW HW4 (EMT)

YGJ Tire Rear-P285/35ZR19-90Y BW HW4 HI-Performance

Z5X Mirror Provisions, Arabic Language

Z49 Modifications, Canadian, Mandatory Base Equipment

Z51 Performance Package-Handling

Reply to
benf802961