High KM 318is

I have the opportunity to purchase a 1996 BMW 318is for $7500 CAN. The car is in perfect condition the only concern is it has 310,000km (186,000 miles) is there any concerns I should have? It has new brakes, tires, exhaust.

Reply to
Jamesrbond via CarKB.com

My 1990 318iS has 187k miles and runs really nicely. The important thing is to look at the cars service history. If it's been looked after it's OK. But to me the price seems high, maybe BMWs are expensive in Canada!

Reply to
John Burns

Seems way high to me. There's probably not that many 318IS's around to compare but it seems high. I'd do some search and compare. Is the IS a 4wd car? Maybe that's why it's expensive but hey at that kind of milage, it's an equal reason for the car to be cheap, everything could be nearing it's life expectancy. Expensive repairs would be a serious concern if it were mw.

Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

For that kind of money you should be able to find a 325i. The bigger motor is much better. Much.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

No, the iS is a Coupe. It has RWD. I had a 1994 325i with close to 220k miles on it, and it was still going strong when the lady in lime-green double-knit golf slacks turned in front of me.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

that's what I was thinking, not sure about the exact Canadian to American rate but even besides that the 2.5 6cyl is an awesome engine and if it's anything like here, there are lots of them around and the older models are quite reasonable.

Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Agreed. The M42/44 is a great little engine. My E30 318iS is super fun. But I had an E36 318iS too, the E36 is a bit too heavy for the engine.

Reply to
John Burns

Why don't you get back to us once the car is past it's break in period.

Brett Anderson KMS

Reply to
KMS - Brett Anderson

Reply to