M50 520i intake manifold same as 525i?

There's a 520i 34 breaking near me and I have my eye on it's intake manifold to upgrade my 328i. The 520i and 525i manifolds have different part numbers, but I'm wondering if there's much difference?

Reply to
John Burns

Well for a start the 520 is a 2000cc engine and the 525 has a 2500cc engine so there might just be a size difference and both might be slightly smaller than your 328 with a 2800cc engine.

What exactly are you trying to UPDATE by fitting a inlet manifold from a smaller engine or rather what do you hope to achieve by doing this?

Reply to
hsg

The M52 intake manifold flows about two thirds the air mass of the earlier M50. Fitting an M50 manifold to an M52 with a big bore throttle body and remap can boost power from 193bhp to 230-240!

the 520i and 525i manifolds LOOK the same, but have different part numbers. Hence my question.

Reply to
John Burns

I', not sure of any differences, but it;s got to be worth £15 or so to try it out. Can't be too dissimilar as I used an E34 525 exhaust manifold on my

520 with no problems.

JB

Reply to
JB