motronic compatibility question

Hi there,

I'm looking for a replacement of the motronic unit in my '86 e30 with m20B25 motor. It had a Bosch Motronic 1.1/1.3 Adaptive fuel injection computer. Can I replace this with an '89 version of this computer, or should I keep looking for the original '85/'87 version ?

thanks,

Jonathan

I'm looking for a replacement of the motronic unit in my '86 e30 with m20B25 motor. It had a Bosch Motronic 1.1/1.3 Adaptive fuel injection computer. Can I replace this with an '89 version of this computer, or should I keep looking for the original '85/'87 version ?

thanks,

Jonathan

-----

I have at least 1 from a 1988 e30 m20b25 and I believe it's a Programa version. Let me check it in the morning and I'll get back to you.

Bill in Omaha '86 535i

Reply to
Bill

Reply to
Clive Bagg

thanks, another question though: I've found a computer from '89, which apparently has 3 connectors, because it is supposed to sit in a 325 with catalytic converter, I suppose this is incompatible with the '86 325 without converter, that I described in my initial post ?

"Clive Bagg" schreef in bericht news:efp0ts$37p$ snipped-for-privacy@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net...

Here's what I have for DMEs:

0 261 200 153 (BMW 12 14 1 722 430) - I have 2, 1 is a Programa (both work) 0 261 200 027 I have 1 for a 528e/325e (not Super ETA) + Idle Control Module

Bill in Omaha '86 535i

-----