Need a new windshield, pricing is quite varied

Northern Virginia

Most price quotes installed are around $530, but WINDSHIELD.NET is $320.

Anybody dealt with WINDSHIELD.NET before?

Reply to
ted

do you have a rain sensor??

Reply to
SharkmanBMW

I got one with a rain sensor and heated lower section for about $200 recently, and fitted it myself. Other quotes went as high as $1300 fitted.

Reply to
adder1969

I have the rain sensor. My big concern is ensuring it's OEM glass. I'm no glass expert, so how do you know if they are lying about that?

Thursday I have an appointment with Royal Glass. I got a recommendation from the guy that does other work on my car that Royal uses OEM glass. They did ask about the rain sensor as part of the $330 quote.

Reply to
ted

Do BMW use heated windscreens now?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

An OEM windshield will have the BMW logo etched on the glass in the same place it is on your car.

Reply to
Jack