P1620. MAP Cooling Control Circuit Signal

Anybody have a fix, or more info.

Thanks

On the E46, it is normally a case of replacing the (electric) thermostat.

Good luck.

Reply to
Pashlipops

Yes of course. From memory, the thermostat has a heater in it to enable the car cooling system to reach it's optimum temperature faster.

When I saw the same (or similar) fault code, I assumed it was Manifold Air Pressure, but I dug deeper (in Bentley - where there is a circuit diagram - and talking to the local indy) to find it was the thermostat, however I never found what MAP stood for! If you look here -

you will see the electrical connector for the thermostat. In any case, I replaced my thermostat, after first checking the electrical connector, and it got rid of the fault code. The car warms up faster now, but I dont notice any other difference.

Reply to
Pashlipops

- you will see the electrical connector for the thermostat.>