New M3, $100,000.

Saw a post that the new M3 is 50,000 British pounds. aka 100 grand USD.

Just way too much for a car. Isn't that nearly 40 grand more than the previous M3?

Reply to
thepixelfreak

That's only way too much for you.

Lots of people drive cars costing that much, or more. I'm not one of them, but maybe in a few years one will show up on the Used Car market, and I can get it for 10k, or so -- which is way closer to my price range ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Wow that's extremely pricey if it is 100k, if you take into consideration the past year's model was around 60k....the price increase probably has to do with the fact that they're putting in a v8 for the first time instead of the I6.

Reply to
eddie.tao

"thepixelfreak" wrote

Although you're right that the UK price for the M3 will be around 51K pounds, the US price will be more in the $56K-$58K range (according to Car & Driver and other sources). The UK guys are getting screwed.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

It is very costly to put the steering wheel on the wrong side.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

The price of the high end autos has very little to do with their cost and much more to do with what people will pay. I guess they think the brits will pay more than the yanks.

Reply to
Jack

Maybe. But the Brits need the controls placed on the wrong side, maybe that costs more ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

the Audi R6 is £52K and I see a number of them..............

Reply to
Pet Parker

Another thing is the engine is cast on the same line as the Formula 1 blocks and apparently hand built too.

Pity some of the idiots that buy them won't have such pedigree

Reply to
steve-caner

Another misconception.......... the truth is the UK is the cheapest place in Europe to buy a car at the moment.

Reply to
Oscar

thepixelfreak wrote in news:2007060414515716807%not@dotcom:

keep in mind that a little over a year ago that 50,000 UKP car would have only cost 85,000. The dollar is very weak at the moment.

Regardless, nobody will be paying $100k for the new M3, so it can't be all that weak...

Reply to
Fred W

Fred

Don't say that ----------- people still buy Skoda, Fiat and some folk also buy That monstrosity built by VW - I hear they sold 3 last year

Reply to
Oscar

Fred W wrote in news:4LadnbX6iNBXJ_jbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

not me thats for sure.

I'd settle for a wrecked e30 m3 with a good engine and transmission

It's revenge for bombing Dresden.

Yes that was in very poor taste. My bad.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

But we didn't hit the porcelain factories

Reply to
Oscar