Re: O/T Stupidf posters... BMW

Not sure why this is crossposted as bad as it is but....

> > I agree, my current car, an 89 325i is the most reliable car I've > ever owned. Over 200k miles and still going. Some problems in the past > but everthing works and when something breaks it's not that hard to > fix. Newer cars, ALL of them, are getting too complex and hard to > maintain. Seems they build the car for the mechanic now days rather > than the driver...

Not really built for the mechanic, ask almost any mechanic and I bet he'd say he'd rather work on older cars than newer ones. More hours, yes, but confusing and fussy work, that costs the consumer a lot, so even when he does a good job the customer is not happy.

Give him logical, well engineered cars to work on and he'll be happier, and so will the guy paying the bill.

They're built to sell, that's all.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

I'll agree on that, they're built so you pretty much have to take them to the mechanic due to the need for special testers and tools and the like. You are right, the mechanics would rather have the simplicity too....

Reply to
Psycho