What is aftermarket

I see that sometimes you refer "go and see at aftermarket"? What is this? were can I find it? Forguive my ignorance.

Reply to
petrus

Aftermarket refers to any part that is not OEM. Not BMW made. Not original.

bmaparts.com have OEM parts. bavauto.com has aftermarket parts.

Reply to
Enoch Root

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacture........... so not this

Reply to
Sts4Heffer

You can buy genuine BMW parts, or you can go to and buy aftermarket parts. Brakes are an example of parts that can be found on the aftermarket that perform (in most cases) as well as the factory parts, and sometimes you will find aftermarket parts that work better.

Aftermarket is where the custom wheel covers come from. Lights and seat covers are aftermarket parts. Belts and wiper blades. Get it?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland